Dryer Vent Cleaning in Stuart, FL by Breathe Healthier Air
Did you know that the conventional home clothes dryer is responsible for thousands of home fires per year? It’s true—this seemingly harmless appliance is a threat to your safety if you don’t take the proper steps to maintain it. Cleaning out the lint trap with each use is a start. But in order to feel certain that you have done everything possible to prevent a dryer-related fire, you will need to schedule dryer vent cleaning services with a professional.
Because dryers typically heat via combustion, a dryer vent is a necessary feature of most home dryers. This allows combustion byproducts like carbon monoxide to vent to the outdoors. But the dryer vent can become dangerous if enough lint and debris builds up over the years. It’s difficult to clean a dryer vent on your own, and much safer to trust this job to an industry professional. Contact the team at Breathe Healthier Air today to get dryer vent cleaning service from a professional who cares about your health and safety.
Breathe Healthier Air provides professional dryer vent cleaning near Stuart, FL and the surrounding areas.
How to Tell You Need Dryer Vent Cleaning
Don’t let your dryer vents become clogged simply because you cannot tell if there is a problem. As a rule of thumb, you may want to get your dryer vents cleaned every couple of years. However, there are some signs that indicate you should get your dryer vent cleaned out sooner. Excessive dryer vent blockage will prevent the dryer from performing to its full potential. The following signs could point to a clogged vent:
- Longer dryer cycle times
- Debris collecting around the outside vent
- Excessive lint in the dryer trap after each cycle
- A musty odor in the dryer
- Incomplete dryer cycles
- Higher than average temperatures in the dryer
The Details of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
When you schedule dryer vent cleaning services with a professional, it involves more than simply pulling out a wad of lint. A professional will take steps to ensure that the dryer vent is completely clear. This may include the following:
- An inspection: An initial video inspection of the duct helps the technician determine the level of clogging and which tools to use for the task.
- Moving the dryer away from the wall: The dryer must be moved away from the wall in order to begin cleaning.
- Using industry tools to complete the work: Brushes, vacuums, and other professional equipment ensures any vent blockage is taken care of.
- Reassembly: Trained professionals will complete reassemble the dryer and make sure that everything is working properly and safely before they leave.
Call Us Today for Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Don’t risk a potential fire hazard for any longer. Call the professionals at Breathe Healthier Air today if you want to gain the peace of mind of knowing that your home will be spared from this all–too–common danger. Our experts take the time to thoroughly inspect vents using video inspection technology. We also do our best to keep your home as clean as possible and make sure your dryer is reinstalled correctly.