Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Stuart is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Breathe Healthier Air constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the winter. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Breathe Healthier Air in Stuart at 772-353-4633 today.