Having standard air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Stuart season, have the specialists at Breathe Healthier Air conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Check for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Breathe Healthier Air today at 772-600-7151.