Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Stuart winter. If you already called Breathe Healthier Air for your annual tune-up, you’re certainly in control of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 772-600-7151 to get one set-up.
There are many simple things you can do in between expert tune-ups to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t highlight this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or replace them when recommended. This is such a easy way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and maintain top efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are open for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have grown up around your outdoor unit or a mess has collected, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to guarantee that it’s functioning appropriately. Simply turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until your heat pump flips on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our pros, call Breathe Healthier Air at 772-600-7151 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!