With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically increase your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Breathe Healthier Air professional complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system running at its best for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is running correctly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Breathe Healthier Air a call at 772-600-7151.